- With respect to radiation, the characteristic that indicates capability to produce chemical change, as in the photographic activity of light. electromagnetic energy that is capable of producin...
n. senescencia, adj. senescente; старение; вызревание; созревание; выдержка;
- Spontaneous change in the physical properties of some metals, which occurs on standing, at atmospheric temperatures after final cold working or after a final heat treatment. frequently synonym...
- A heating and cooling operation implying usually a relatively slow cooling. annealing is a comprehensive term. the process of such a heat treatment may be
- A process of holding a mat...
|area coverage rate|
Amount of image area per unit time collected by the system at the given resolution
Is the temperature of the atmosphere between the object and the scanner. some of the radiation that reaches the scanner emanates from the object and some from atmosphere that it is not perfectly t... температура окружающей среды;
- Refers to the density fluctuations arising from atmospheric temperature fluctuations. (not fluid dynamics turbulence)
- Турбулентность атмосферы. см. turbulence ¦— турбулентность.
Spectral radiation regions not absorbed by atmospheric gasses. these windows are transparent to radiation at those wavelengths. the most obvious window is the visible light window - if the smog is...
- Designating any instrument in which both eyes can be used to view the image to achieve a stereoscopic effect, or merely to facilitate observation. a pair of telescopes with prismatically erect...
- Is defined as an object that absorbs all radiation that impinges on it at any wavelength.
- Абсолютно черное тело
The coating of steel with a film composed largely of zinc phosphate in order to develop better bonding surface for paint or lacquer.
Materials that experience little, if any, plastic deformation before the onset of fracture
In steel specifications, the carbon range is the difference between the minimum and maximum amount of carbon acceptable.
|cell fill factor|
Is the fraction of detector cell area occupied by the zone actively involved in the generation of signal radiance.
Comisión panamericana de normas. pan-american commission of technical standards. regional organization integrated by the organisms of normalization of 18 countries of the american continent a...
- Related with vision that are color- blindness
- The commonest form of colour blindness, in which someone cannot see the difference between red and green. also called protanopia [descr...
|diffuse reflection (surface scatter)|
The reflection from a rough surface that emerges at almost any angle
Linear defects in a crystal.
вязкость; пластичность; ковкость;
- The property of metals that enables them to be mechanically deformed when cold, without fracture. in steel, ductility is usually measured by elongation and reduction of area as determined in a...
el; предел упругости;
- Maximum stress that a material will stand before permanent deformation occurs.
- Предел упругости
- The greatest stress which a material is capable of sustaining without perm...
- The field effects given off by accelerating a charged particle in a magnetic field. depending on field strength and speed of acceleration, many types of electromagnetic radiation are created.<...
thermal .; излучательная способность; степень черноты;
- The ability of an object to radiate and absorb energy from its surroundings measured as a ratio of the actual object emission to the blackbody equivalent emission
- The ratio of the r...
(concerning cubic space lattices) - having equivalent points at the corners of the unit cell and at the centers of its six faces. a face-centered cubic space lattice is characteristic of one of th...
|field of view (fov)|
The total field measured in angle within which objects can be imaged or measured and displayed by an infrared system.
An optical device, which modifies the characteristics of radiation, which is passed through it. usually filters either attenuate all wavelengths of radiation a certain controlled amount or modify ...
частота кадров;; скорость передачи кадра;
- Is the rate at which an entire scene is change when every pixel is commanded to project a new value of signal radiance.
- The number of frames per second that the camera produces.
A property of a wave that describes how many wave patterns or cycles passes by in a period of time. frequency is often measured in hertz (hz), where a wave with a frequency of 1 hz will pass by at...
Drawing metal wire through a die to reduce cross section and increase tensile strength.
Wire or tubing drawn to high tensile strength by a high degree of cold work.
- Electromagnetic radiation which occupies the band from 0.7 microns to 100 microns. infrared radiation is between the visible spectrum and microwave radiation. emission of energy as electromagn...
- Generally, any radiation that can form ions, either directly or indirectly, while traveling through a substance. above visible light and starting in the ultra-violet frequencies, ionizing radi...
Instituto argentino de nomalizacion--argentina (buenos aires) / argentinean normalization standards institute (standards)
- (lord kelvin---1824 - 1907) thermodynamic temperature scale. the zero kelvin is - 273,16 ºc (celsius or centigrade) or - 459,7 ºf (fahrenheit). a temperature scale often used in scie...
|low carbon steels|
Contain from 0.10 to 0.30% carbon and less than 0.60% manganese. (the product of basic oxygen, bessemer, open hearth or electric processes.)
- Those properties of a material that reveal the elastic and inelastic reaction when force is applied, or that involve the relationship between stress and strain; for example, the modulus of ela...
Contains from 0.30% to 0.60% carbon and less than 1.00% manganese. may be made by any of the standard processes.
Standard for the common market of the south --cmn (mercosur committee of normalization), regional organization of normalization of the mercosur, integrated by the national organisms of normalizati...
Intensities of light under which both rods and cones operate
A measurement of length in the metric system appropriate for measuring infrared radiation wavelengths. 1,000,000 microns equals one meter
|mid infrared (mwir)|
The middle infrared spectrum, (window) usually from 2.4 to 7.0 microns.
- A measure of small angles. two thousand-pi milliradians can be measured in a complete circle. there are 17.4 mrads per degree of angle.
Transmission model. it is most widely used atmospheric absorption.
Minimum resolvable temperature difference
Noise equivalent temperature difference
|noise equivalent temperature difference (nedt)|
Is the temperature difference at which the signal amplitude equals the total noise. that it is when snr = 1.
optical atmospheric qualities in europe; непрозрачный;
- Transmittance (t) equals zero
- Optical atmospheric qualities in europe
- Non-transparent; incapable of transmitting light.
- A material for retouching photographic ...
The normal form of infrared system in use commercially. a passive system does not generate a thermal source to illuminate the scene, it is only acted upon. a passive system monitors the flux of ph...
- Treatment of steel, usually in wire form, in which the metal is gradually heated to about 1830°f, with subsequent cooling, usually in air, in a bath of molten lead, or in a fused salt mixture ...
The ability for two dissimilar metals and metal/semiconductors to create a thermal difference when current flows across the dissimilar junction
- Technique of producing permanent images on sensitized surfaces by means of the photochemical action of light or other forms of radiant energy.
- Writing with light.
- The wor...
Bright light conditions where only the cones are functional
- The ability of a metal to be deformed extensively without rupture. plastic deformation is the elongation that occurs that not will be recovered with the removal of the load. pull wire trough t...
- An instrument of various types used for measuring temperatures
- An instrument for measuring high temperatures. pyramid 780 pyramid roof pyriform profile qala’a
- Пирометр пирометр;
- An analysis of objects or processes, which is concerned with measuring temperatures or radiant energy levels by assigning numerical values to the characteristics of the displayed scene.
Accounts for all of the radiant energy leaving a surface. target exitance --- (we + wr + wt ) диффузное отражение (от поверхности); мягкая полутоновая освещенность сцены;; метод излучательности;
A process whereby a distorted grain structure of cold worked metals is replaced by a new, stress-free grain structure as a result of annealing above a specific minimum temperature for a specific t... рекристаллизация;
- Process in which two-dimensional image it is obtaining from three-dimensional target
- The act of yielding to any force applied. for instance, the rope of a laniard or tackle is said ...
напряжение остаточное; остаточное напряжение;
- Macroscopic stresses that are set up within a metal as the result of no uniform plastic deformation. this deformation may be caused by cold working or by drastic gradients of temperature from ...
- At or near 74 º f (24 º c ).
- Комнатная температура
Dim light conditions where only rods are functional
The number of spectral bands and their associated spectral resolution needed to faithfully extract target information.
- (lambertian surface) reflection from smooth surface in which angle of incidence is equal to angle of reflection. the surface radiance it is independent of the angle.
- A mirror-like r...
|speed of light|
- The speed at which electromagnetic radiation propagates in a vacuum; it is defined as 299 792 458 m/s (~186,000 miles/second).
- 2.998 x 108 meters per second measured in a vacuum
Aging induced by cold working.
наклеп; упрочнение деформационное; механическое упрочнение;
- An increase in hardness and strength caused by plastic deformation at temperatures lower than the recrystallization range.
- The hardening of a metal produced by cold working it.
- A two-dimensional hard copy record of the apparent scene temperatures displayed on an ir system.
- An infrared photograph of part of the body
user-to-network interface; user network interface;
- Ente nazionale italiano di unificazione --italy (milano) /italian national entity for unification
- User network interface
- Electromagnetic radiation at wavelengths which the human eye can see.
- Electromagnetic wavelengths, ranging from 380-770 nm, that are visible to the human eye
The length of distance between cycles on a repetitive event.
- The reciprocal of wavelength 1/ ? cm ¬ ¹
- The phase delay per unit length, or that quantity divided by 2?
сварка; w; wld; soldar; наварка; присадок; сварки;
- A process used to join metals by the application of heat. fusion welding, which includes gas, arc, and resistance welding, requires that the parent metals be melted. this distinguishes fusion ...
- The load per unit of original cross section at which, in soft steel, a marked increase in deformation occurs without increase in load.
- The lowest stress in a material (less than the...
|yield strength (ys)|
The stress (load/area) at which the metal changes from elastic to plastic in behavior, i.e., takes a permanent set.