- This is the code which a computer recognises and acts upon as a direct consequence of its electromechanical construction. typically such code is highly abstract and unsuitable for use in gener...
- This is the distribution of outcomes expected if a certain number of independent trials are undertaken of a several separate bernouilli processes, to determine a number of alternative outcomes...
This is the name of an educational initiative involving the use of a programming language, in the form of an interpreter, allowing the user to specify monte-carlo resampling of a set of data and a...
This is the name of the academic initiative which produced this present glossary. exact-stats is a closed e-mail based discussion group for the development and promulgation of the ideas of re-rand...
- This refers to the practice of taking a set of n data, to be regarded as ordinal-scale, amd replacing each datum by its rank (1 .. n) within the set. also see : wilcoxon rank-sum test.
- This relates to an experimental design for predicting a binary categorical (yes/no) outome on the basis of predictor variables measured on interval scales. for each of a set of values of the p...
перестановка; размещение;; перестановка; перемена;; размещение;
- This term has a distinct mathematical definition, but is also commonly used as a synonym for re-randomisation.
- A permutation of a set is an arrangement of the elements of the set in...
- This term overtly refers to the planning of a process of data collection. the term is also used to refer to the information necessary to describe the interrelationships within a set of data. s...
Where data are represented by ranks, tied values lead to tied ranks. whether or not data are rep[resnted by ranks, for any test statistic the occurrence of tied values will increase the extent to ...
Where expected frequencies are sufficiently high, hypothesised distributions of counts may be approximated by a normal distribution rather than an exact binomial distribution. the corresponding di...
|equivalent test statistic|
Within a randomisation set, it is possible that two different statistics may be inter-related in a manner which is provably monotonic irrespective of the data. in such a situation a randomisation ...
alpha, beta, type-1 error, type-2 error;
alpha, nominal alpha criterion level; significance; статистическая значимость;
permutation, pitman permutation test;
|wilcoxon rank-sum test|