ami:r-al-bahr 'ruler of the seas'; adm.;
- Senior naval officer of flag rank. in ascending order of seniority, rear admiral, vice admiral, admiral and (until about 2001 when all uk five-star ranks were discontinued) admiral of the flee...
A heavy soil, composed largely of clay and silt in sufficient quantities to form a matrix in which sand particles are firmly imbedded; water is added, and straw, manure, and fragments of tile are ... al-toba 'the brick';
|al-toba 'the brick'|
A fish of the family scombrid?, found in shoals in the ocean; it is about 5 or 6 feet long, with an average weight of nearly 100 lbs. when fine. al-bukr 'the young camel'; albacora;
|al-bukr 'the young camel'|
|al-koh''l 'the kohl'|
A small recessed space, opening directly into a larger room. al-qobbah 'vault'; bedroom; alcoba; альков;
Qubba vault alcove;
al-ambi:q 'the still';
A general method of resolving mathematical problems, by means of equations, or rather computing abstract quantities by symbols or signs; a literal arithmetic. al-jebr 'reintegration'; алгебра;
Jabara reunite algebra;
al-ghu:l 'the ghoul'; algorithmic language;
- Algorithmic language
- A wonderful variable star in perseus, which goes through its changes in about two days and twenty-one hours.
- Set of rules or steps for performing a desired operation. an algorithm can be performed by anything that can be taught or programmed to follow a specific and unambiguous set of instructions. al-khowarazmi 'the (man) of khiva'; алгоритм; algoritmo; altoritmo;
|al-khowarazmi 'the (man) of khiva'|
Qalay fry, roast alkali;
`allah, from contraction of al-ilah 'the god';
- The celebrated work of ptolemy on geometry and astronomy. ricciolus adopted the term in 1651 for his body of mathematical science. it became general, whence chaucer—
- A comprehensive...
From greek almagest;
(andalucian arabic) al-mana:kh, of uncertain origin;
- A record of the days, feasts, and celestial phenomena of the year. though confounded with calendar, it is essentially different—the latter relating to time in general, and the almanac to that ...
`anbar 'ambergris'; a; Янтарь;
- Янтарного цвета, желтый
- Amber is a term used to describe a heavy, full-bodied, warm fragrance.
- Желтый (сигнальный огонь)
- A hard resinous substance of vegetable...
al-íthmid 'antimony trisulphide'; сурьма; антимонил;
From greek apricot;
dar as,s,ina`ah 'house of making', i.e. 'factory';
- A repository of the munitions of war. some combine both magazines of naval and military stores, and docks for the construction and repair of ships.
- A storehouse for munitions. origi...
From berber assagai;
Attar, or otto, as it is sometimes referred, comes from an old persian word meaning “to smell sweet”. it’s an extremely expensive essential oil made from the bulgarian rose. `itr 'aroma';
'ayatu-llah 'miraculous sign of god';
|'ayatu-llah 'miraculous sign of god'|
as-sumut 'the paths'; see also zenith; az; азимут; a; azm; азимута;
- Азимут а уел compressed-air line линия сжатого воздуха а уел hail (средний) град а уел year год а5 amber airway number 5 «желтая» воздушная трасса № 5, трасса № 5 11 полетов в направлении с юг...
The deep blue colour of the sky, when perfectly cloudless. al-lazward 'lapis lazuli';
|al-lazward 'lapis lazuli'|
From persian azure;
(possibly) bâb-al-baqara 'gate with holes';