Copying data on tapes for the purpose of restoring the original content in case data is lost.
- A block cipher a type of symmetric-key encryption algorithm that transforms a fixed-length block of plaintext (unencrypted text) data into a block of ciphertext (encrypted text) data of the sa...
|california sb 1386
California senate bill requires that organizations that own or have access to personal information of california residents to notify them if the security of their information is compromised.
|cipher block chaining mode (cbc mode)
Cipher block chaining (cbc) is a mode of operation for a block cipher in which a sequence of bits are encrypted as a single unit or block with a cipher key applied to the entire block.
|cipher feedback mode (cfb mode)
In the cipher feedback mode (cfb) is data encrypted in units smaller than the block size. this mode can be used to encrypt any number of bits e.g. single bits or single characters (bytes) before s...
шифртекст (полученный в результате шифрования текст); зашифрованный текст; шифрованное сообщение; шифрованный текст (шифртекст); шифртекст;
- Unreadible text resulting from encryption.
- Зашифрованный текст; шифротекст
- Data that has been encrypted.
криптография (наука о принципах, средствах и методах преобразования информации для защиты её от несанкционированного доступа и искажения); криптография;
- The art of protecting information by transforming it (encrypting it) into an unreadable format, called cipher text.
- The science of turning plain language into unintelligible text fo...
- The process of converting data - known as plaintext - using an algorithm to make it unreadable.
- The process of converting readable data (plaintext) into a coded form (ciphertext) to...
Memory, components, media, and devices that retain digital and computer data for. хранение данных;; память для хранения данных; система хранения данных;
|data storage devices
A device used for saving data. data is copied it recorded on to the device.
- To convert from a code or cipher to plain text; decode.
- V 1 расшифровывать; 2 раз- бирать (неясный почерк, древние письмена и т.п. )
- To convert an enciphered message into...
- To convert from a code or cipher to plain text; decode.
- To decipher a cryptographic message.
- To convert encrypted content back into its original form.
- Converting data from the unintelligible ciphertext back to plaintext. the reverse of data encryption.
- Расшифровывание; расшифровка; дешифрация; дешифровывание
- The act of ...
|electronic codebook (ecb encryption)
A mode of operation for a block cipher, with the characteristic that each possible block of plaintext has a defined corresponding cipher text value and vice versa.
|electronic data storage
A storage device which requires electrical power to store and retrieve saved data.
кодировать; шифровать; цифровать;; кодировать; шифровать;
- To convert plain text into an unintelligible form by means of a cipher.
- To convert plain text into unintelligible language using a letter-substitution cipher.<...
- To convert plain text into an unintelligible form.
- Generic term for the conversion of plain text into unintelligible language, including codes and ciphers.
- Зашифровать; ш...
- The process of transforming text into an unintelligible form called cipher.
- A method of encoding data for security.
- Защита сообщения от неправомочного прочтения, основанн...
Hardware device used to encrypt data. they are designed to work across a full range of operating systems and appear transparent to the operating system.
- Software used to encrypt and decrypt data, usually in the form of computer files, removable media, email messages, or in the form of packets sent over computer networks.
This act includes laws that govern the collection and disclosure of customers' personal financial information by financial institutions. it requires all financial institutions to design, implement...
- The health insurance portability and accountability act (hipaa) is a set of standards for the privacy and protection of all electronic health information. it includes a privacy rule and a secu...
|integrated circuit card (icc)
See smart card definition.
|output feedback mode (ofb mode)
Output feedback (ofb) is a mode of operation for a block cipher. it has some similarities to the ciphertext feedback mode in that it permits encryption of differing block sizes, but has the key di...
|pci data security standard
Payment card industry data security standard is a set of comprehensive requirements for enhancing payment account data security
- Unencrypted text
- Читаемый тест; нешифрованный текст; открытый текст
- A string of text that is displayed with one value for each text attribute: typeface, slant, and weight...
частный ключ; закрытый ключ;
- A private or secret key is an encryption/decryption key known only to the party or parties that exchange secret messages.
- A private key is a string of data that shows you have acces...
- A public key is a value provided by some designated authority as an encryption key that, combined with a private key derived from the public key, can be used to effectively encrypt messages. общедоступный ключ; открытый ключ;
|public key encryption
- A form of encryption that utilizes a unique pair of keys, one (the "public key ") being openly known, and the other (the "private key "), being known only to the recipient of an encrypted mess...
A legislation created to protect shareholders and the general public from fradulent practices. this legislation requires that financial institutions store relevant business records "not less than ...
|secure key management
Trusted users are issued a key which enables them to access encrypted data.
A stream cipher is a type of symmetric encryption algorithm. while block ciphers operate on large blocks of data, stream ciphers typically operate on smaller units of plaintext, usually bits.
Backup data stored is encrypted in an effort to prevent data theft and secure the kept data.
|storage encryption appliance
Appliance used to encrypt data.
- Also referred to as 3des, a mode of the des encryption algorithm that encrypts data three times. three 64-bit keys are used, instead of one, for an overall key length of 192 bits.