- A jib or genoa.
- The sail on the foremast of a schooner, or the lowest square-sail on the foremast of a squarerigger.
A line used to secure a boat to the dock,
ножной леер, фальшборт;
- A low rail around the outer edge of the deck.
- Ножной леер, фальшборт
- A small rail around the deck. the toe rail may have holes in it for attaching lines or blocks. a larg...
A mechanical fitting (a bottiescrew) attached to the lower ends of stays allowing the standing rig ging to be adjusted. u
A reinforcing ring set in a sail. ground tackle. collective term for the anchor and rode (chain and line). 90 91 92
A short line leading directly from the boat to the dock.
A small sailboat. dead downwind. sailing in a direction straight downwind.
Abbreviation for personal flotation device such as a life jacket.
An increase in wind speed.
An uncontrolled rounding up into the wind, usually from a down wind point of sail. broad reach. (point of sail) sailing in a direction with the wind at the rear comer (the quarter) of the boat. ap...
Greenwich mean time. the time at the prime meridian in greenwich, london, england. now referred to as universal time coordinated u.t.c. gooseneck. the strong fitting that connects the boom to the ...
Lengths of line or webbing used to secure sails when they are dropped or to secure the unused port ion of a reefed sail.
|off th e w ind|
Not c 1 ose- hauled.
O utsid e the ra i 1 of a boat.
Sliort lengths of yam or cloth attached to the sails which indicate when the sail is properly trimmed.
Th e in teri or of th e boat
The an g i e of the mast.
The outer edges of the deck.
- The rope that is sewn into the foot and luff of some mainsails and the luff of some jibs by which the saits are attached to the boat.
- A rope to which the edge of a sail is stitched ...
- Thecenterofa channei. fake (flake)
- Lay out a line on the deck using large loops to keep it from becoming tangled.
- To ease a line,
- Дать слабину
- Release a line slowly. paying-off pendant: although there is no proper specification or authorization, it has long been the custom of rn ship...
To pass a line through a ring or block. rhumb line. a straight line drawn on a mercator chart, which intersects all meridians at the same angle. accurate enough for courses of less than 600 miles....
- To reduce the power in the sails by: 1
- Luffing, pointing the boat too close to the wind so that the sails are unable to draw power. 2
- Easing the sheets so that the sails ...
- To remove a reef.
- Отдать риф
- To undo reefs and spread a sail.
- To remove a reef from a sail.
Universal lime coordinated. the modern term for greenwich mean time, this i$ the standard reference time which is used internationally for navigational information. v