(a) a beam placed perpendicular to joists and to which joists are nailed in framing for a chimney, stairway, or other opening. (b) a wood lintel. (c) the horizontal structural member over an openi...
data reduction for interception program; dead reckoning information processor; goteo; каолин;
- (a) a member of a cornice or other horizontal exterior finish course that has a projection beyond the other parts for throwing off water.(b) a groove in the underside of a sill or drip cap to ...
2-foot lengths, fire clay or terra-cotta pipe (round or square) and usually madein all ordinary flue sizes. used for the inner lining of chimneys with the brick or masonry work done around the out...
- 3" or 4" perforated plastic pipe that goes around the perimeter (either inside or outside) of a foundation wall (before backfill) and collects and diverts ground water away from the foundation...
ти; test equipment engineering; явление, возникшее во время лечения; treatment emergent event;
- A "t" shaped plumbing fitting.
- A plumbing fitting in the shape of the letter “t,” used to connect three sections of pipe.
- Test equipment engineering
- Treatment ...
- A ¼" material placed over the subfloor plywood sheeting and under finish coverings, such as vinyl flooring, to provide a smooth, even surface. also a secondary roofing layer that is water...
кессон; батопорт; кессонный;
- A 10" or 12" diameter hole drilled into the earth and embedded into bedrock 3 4 feet. the structural support for a type of foundation wall, porch, patio, monopost, or other structure. two or m...
A 4 mil or 6 mil plastic sheeting.
A basic building method that uses just a few hefty posts and beams to support an entire structure. contrasts with stud framing.
гарантия (тендерного) предложения;
- A bond issued by a surety on behalf of a contractor that provides assurance to the recipient of the contractor's bid that, if the bid is accepted, the contractor will execute a contract and pr...
A broker who represents numerous lenders and helps consumers find affordable mortgages; the broker charges a fee only if the consumer finds a loan. mortgage-брокер; ипотечный брокер;
A building material of narrow wood, metal, gypsum, or insulating board that is fastened to the frame of a building to act as a base for plaster, shingles, or tiles. пал. узкая пластинка; дранка;
A building method that distributes structural loads to each of a series of relatively lightweight studs. contrasts with post-and-beam.
vapor retarder. vapor-tight said of a surface that is enclosed so as to resist the passage of vapor, often including the use of a gasket around its periphery.; пароизоляция;
- A building product installed on exterior walls and ceilings under the drywall and on the warm side of the insulation. it is used to retard the movement of water vapor into walls and prevent co...
A ceramic material molded into masonry units.
A charge for recording the transfer of a property, paid to a city, county, or other appropriate branch of government.
|mortgage origination fee|
A charge for work involved in preparing and servicing a mortgage application (usually one percent of the loan amount).
|fire retardant chemical|
A chemical or preparation of chemicals used to reduce the flammability of a material or to retard the spread of flame.
A clause in a mortgage contract requiring the borrower to pay the entire outstanding balance upon sale or transfer of the property.
|forced air heating|
A common form of heating with natural gas, propane, oil or electricity as a fuel. air is heated in the furnace and distributed through a set of metal ducts to various areas of the house.
- A company that borrows money from a bank, lends it to consumers to buy homes, then sells the loans to investors.
- A legal entity which conducts business of providing funding to borro...
|time and materials contract|
A construction contract which specifies a price for different elements of the work such as cost per hour of labor, overhead, profit, etc. a contract which may not have a maximum price, or may stat...
A contract between a buyer and seller which should explain: (1) what the purchase includes, (2) what guarantees there are, (3) when the buyer can move in, (4) what the closing costs are, and (5) w...
A contract in which the borrower's property is pledged as collateral. it is repaid in installments. the mortgagor (buyer) promises to repay principal and interest, keep the home insured, pay all t... ипотечный кредит;
A control mechanism used to operate a mechanical ventilation system based upon the relative humidity in the home.
- A device installed in a water supply line, usually near a fixture, that permits an individual to shut off the water supply to one fixture without interrupting service to the rest of the system...
|pressure relief valve (prv)|
A device mounted on a hot water heater or boiler which is designed to release any high steam pressure in the tank to prevent tank explosions.
A device that tells whether a circuit is capable of carrying electricity.
- A device, usually operated by a spring and designed to hold a single hung window vent up and in place
- A spring-loaded device, usually a spring balance or tape balance; used to count...
A device, usually placed near the heater or cooler, which controls the flow of water or steam to parts of the building; it is controlled by a zone thermostat.
|whole house fan|
A fan designed to move air through and out of a home and normally installed in the ceiling.
|veterans administration (va)|
A federal agency that insures mortgage loans with very liberal down payment requirements for honorably discharged veterans and their surviving spouses.
A felt which is impregnated with tar or asphalt.
A final inspection of a home before "closing" to look for and document problems that need to be corrected.
A finishing paint material. forms a hard coating with maximum smoothness of surface and dries to a sheen or luster (gloss)
- A fitting with different size openings at either end and used to go from a larger to a smaller pipe.
- A fitting that allows pipes of different sizes to be joined together. reductor .; agente reductor; переходник;
|graduated payment mortgage (gpm)|
A fixed-rate, fixed-schedule loan. it starts with lower payments than a level payment loan; payments rise annually, with the entire increase being used to reduce the outstanding balance. the incre... ипотечный кредит с растущими платежами;
косынка, угловое соединение; складка; накладка узловая; фасонка;
- A flat wood, plywood, or similar type member used to provide a connection at the intersection of wood members. most commonly used at joints of wood trusses. they are fastened by nails, screws,...
A fluorescent lamp is a gas-filled glass tube with a phosphur coating on the inside. gas inside the tube is ionized by electricity which causes the phosphur coating to glow. normally with two pins...
- A form of ownership in which the tenants own a property equally. if one dies, the other automatically inherits the entire property.
- When two or more people own something and have ri...
- A formal contract which allows a party to use another party's property for a specific purpose. e.g. a sewer easement might allow one party to run a sewer line through a neighbors property.
стопордер; ordine fisso;
- A formal, written notification to a contractor to discontinue some or all work on a project for reasons such as safety violations, defective materials or workmanship, or cancellation of the co...
- A foundation wall section that strengthens (and generally perpendicular to) a long section of foundation wall
- In masonry structures, a buttress, spur wall, pier, or projecting porti...
- A foundation wall that is poured @ level with or just below the grade of theearth. an example is the area where the 8' or 16' overhead garage door "block out" is located, or a lower (walk out ...
A framed lumber floor that is installed as a basement floor instead of concrete. this is done on very expansive soils.
- A general term for papers, felts, and similar sheet materials used in buildings without reference to their properties or uses. generally comes in long rolls.
- A heavy, relatively che...
A general term for papers, felts, and similar sheet materials used in buildings without reference to their properties or uses. generally comes in long rolls.
- A governmental process and specification which limits the use of a property e.g. single family use, high rise residential use, industrial use, etc. zoning laws may limit where you can locate a...
- A groove cut into a board or panel intended to receive the edge of a connecting board or panel.
- A parallel machine architecture optimized for ai. the multiple processing elements ar...
|• septic permit|
A health department authorization to build or modify a septic system.
- A hollow concrete 'brick' often 8" x 8" x 16" in size.
- Бетонный блок
A house built before it is sold. the builder speculates that he can sell it at a profit.
A house built without prefabricated parts. also called conventional building.
|t & g, tongue and groove|
A joint made by a tongue (a rib on one edge of a board) that fits into a corresponding groove in the edge of another board to make a tight flush joint. typically, the subfloor plywood is t & g.
A joist that runs around the perimeter of the floor joists and home.
A lamp employing an electrically charged metal filament that glows at white heat. a typical light bulb.
разъединить; disc; отключать; отсоединять; разъединитель; разъемное соединение;; разъединение;; отключать; размыкать; разъединять; разбирать;
- A large (generally 20 amp) electrical on-off switch.
- Разъединение, отключение
- Switch gear used to connect or disconnect components in a photovoltaic system.
sp; отводная труба; труба, вертикальная сточная;
- A large pipe that carries liquid and solid wastes to a sewer or septic tank.
- A pipe that carries waste from toilets.
|fireplace chase flashing pan|
A large sheet of metal that is installed around and perpendicular to the fireplace flue pipe. it's purpose is to confine and limit the spread of fire and smoke to a small area.
A lead weight attached to a string. it is the tool used in determining plumb.
- A legal document which specifies the what-when-where-how-how much and by whom in a construction project. a good construction contract will include:
- Договор (строительного) подряда договор на строительство; contract for construction.;
A lien on real property, created by statue in many years, in favor of persons supplying labor or materials for a building or structure, for the value of labor or materials supplied by them. in som...
zona de fuerte iluminación .; zona de luz .;
- A light spot, area, or streak on a painted surface.
- The bright areas of a subject or scene, often the result of gentle reflections of lights. strong reflections are called "kic...
A line made by snapping a taut string or cord dusted with chalk. used for alignment purposes.
- A list of discrepancies that need to be corrected by the contractor.
- A checklist of all items on a construction project that are unfinished or incomplete, have not been done at all,...
- A loan where the initial payments are based on a certain interest rate for a stated period . the rate payable will not change during this period regardless of changes in the lender's standard ...
A long strip of spring steel used for fishing cables and for pulling wires through conduit. snake, 1.;
|oriented strand board or osb|
A manufactured 4' x 8' wood panel made out of 1"- 2" wood chips and glue. often used as a substitute for plywood.
A manufactured structural wood beam. it is constructed of pressure and adhesive bonded wood strands of wood. they have a higher strength rating than solid sawn lumber. normally comes in l ½" ...
A manufactured wood panel made out of 1"- 2" wood chips and glue. often used as a substitute for plywood in the exterior wall and roof sheathing.
- A manufactured wood panel made out of 1"- 2" wood chips and glue. often used as a substitute for plywood in the exterior wall and roof sheathing. also called osb (oriented strand board) or waf...
- A manufactured wood panel made out of 1"- 2" wood chips and glue. often used as a substitute for plywood in the exterior wall and roof sheathing. also called osb or wafer board.
- A g...
- A material installed under carpet to add foot comfort, isolate sound, and to prolong carpet life.
- Communications term for meaningless words or phrases inserted in a message to confu...
evaluation of glide reentry structural system;
- A means of exiting the home. an egress window is required in every bedroom and basement. normally a 4' x 4' window is the minimum size required
- Evaluation of glide reentry structura...
|r factor or value|
A measure of a materials resistance to the passage of heat. new homewalls are usually insulated with 4" of batt insulation with an r value of r-13, and a ceiling insulation of r-30.
A measure of insulation. a measure of a materials resistance to the passage of heat. the higher the r value, the more insulating "power" it has. for example, typical new home's walls are usually i...
- A mechanical device which uses compression and decompression of gas to heat and/or cool a house.
- A unit that both cools and heats your home. it works just like an air conditioner in...