Aftershave is a men’s toiletry product that could be classified as a cosmetic or a fragrance. it comes in the form of a lotion, a gel, or a balm. after shaving, men apply it for one or more of a f...
- An aldehyde is a highly-reactive chemical compound made by oxidizing different alcohols to make resins and organic acids.
- Альдегид. органическое соединение, содержащее группу сно. м...
- Aldehydic comes from the greek phrase “anointing oil”. in perfumery, it refers to a certain fatty fragrance, and can be found in perfumes such as chanel no 5.
- This is often referred...
- Animalic is a term used to describe what would be a bad odor on its own, like a faecal smell. but perfumers have found that, in very small dilutions, and in clever combinations with other ingr...
|apocrine sweat glands|
Apocrine sweat glands are those that give you your unique sexual and body scent. it can interfere with or influence the fragrance in perfumes you wear.
Aromachology is a fairly new science – one of the new alternative therapies. it’s associated with fragrances and their psychological benefits and/or effects. it was developed by annette green, a m...
- Aromatic, in perfumery, refers to the rich scents of balsamic notes.
- Ароматический (об углеводородах)
- Derived from, or characterized by, the presence of the benzene ring....
- Aromatherapy is a term created by r.m. gattefosse, a french chemist. it’s the art and science, although not a medically-approved one, of using aromatic substances, usually essential oils, to c...
- Balsam is a sticky resin that leaks out of trees when they’re cut. it’s used in perfume to create a woody scent.
- A mixture of resin and oil, used to rub on sore joints or to put in ...
- Balsamic notes are found in some perfumes. they have a warm scent, and are popular in the oriental group of fragrances, like shalimar, opium and obsession.
- Heavy, sticky sweet scent...
- Camphoraceous refers to a eucalyptus-like fragrance that’s found in the scent of certain herbs, like rosemary and lavandin.
- The crispy clean and cooling effect eucalyptus, mint and ...
Carrier oil is just what it sounds like – an oil base that carries essential oils. basically, they’re mixed together to make massage oils and skin care products. some examples are apricot kernel, ...
- Chypre is an ancient perfume, originally combining fresh citrus notes with oakmoss and some animalic notes. about 100 years ago, coty made a chypre perfume, which has been currently followed u...
- Citrus notes are fresh scents, similar to the smell of fresh oranges, lemons, grapefruit, bergamot and pomello.
- The zesty fresh olfactory notes emitted by the inclusion of lemon, or...
Cloying is a term used to describe a fragrance that’s sickly sweet and unpleasantly clinging.
г. кёльн (фрг);
- Cologne is a city in germany where the very first modern perfume, as we now know it, was produced. that was about 300 years ago, and it was called eau de cologne – a perfume made basically fro...
d; dfsr; difusor; диффузора; производстве; диффузор;
- A diffuser is an aromatherapy device that gently dispenses essential oils into the air.
- A device used to reduce the velocity and increasing the static pressure of a fluid passing th...
Dry down is what perfumers refer to as the final phase of a fragrance. it’s sometimes referred to as the bottom line or bottom note – the character of the fragrance that remains a few hours after ...
|eau de cologne (edc)|
- Eau de cologne is the term used today to refer to a perfume solution with around a 3% compound in an oil and water base. it’s the lightest of perfumes and, therefore the least expensive.
|eau de parfum (edp)|
- Eau de parfum is a perfume solution with a 10-15% compound.
- A fragrance with a 10-15% concentration of perfume oil to alcohol.
|eau de toilette (edt)|
- Eau de toilette is a perfume solution with a 3-8% compound in an oil and water base.
- A fragrance with a 5-10% concentration of perfume oil to alcohol.
- Essential oils are the concentrated essences that are the product of the distillation or expression of plants, including flowers, leaves, wood and grass.
- A medicinal or fragrant oil...
Evanescent is a word used to describe a fragrance that disappears quickly.
- A fixative is an ingredient added to perfume to make it last longer, similar to a preservative.
- A chemical used in the preparation of samples on slides
- A material incorpo...
- Forest blend perfumes have earthy, woodsy, natural notes.
- A definition of this group would be that of –woody, mossy, leafy and herbaceous. the aroma chemical manufacturer has given ...
- Fungal is used to describe a fragrance that has notes of mushrooms, fungus, or mould, like oakmoss.
- Odors suggestive of molds, mushrooms and fungi. important notes in muguet fragran...
- Fragrance is often used interchangeably with perfume, but they’re not quite the same thing – fragrance is the scent of the perfume; perfume is the product itself.
- A composition of v...
- Gums are the resins that are extracted from the bark, branches and leaves of trees.
- Harmonious is a word used by perfumers to describe a fragrance that’s well mixed and well balanced.
- Order, accord and unity in fragrance.
- Heady fragrances make you feel light-headed, exhilarated or stimulated.
- Exhilarating, sparkling, stimulating. this quality would be comparable to the exciting taste and effervescenc...
The middle notes are the fragrances that make up the main theme or the heart of a perfume. they usually appear about 10-20 minutes after the perfume is applied.
- Mossy refers to fragrances that have earthy notes, like the forest floor.
- The odor suggestive of the aromatic lichens, and mosses, primarily oak miss and tree moss; reminiscent of f...
Muguet is the french word for lily of the valley, one of the most popular florals used in perfumery.
- Narcotic is the term used to describe the fragrance of some floral notes, said to be intoxicating.
- A pain-relieving drug which makes someone sleep or become unconscious the doctor...
Perfumer is a multi-use word, used to describe a person who either creates, mixes, or sells perfume. profunziere;
- Powdery is a word used to describe a fragrance produced by a combination of a heavy, sweet or woody note with a citrus, fruit or light green note.
- A term used to describe fragrances...
- Resinoids are extracts from gums or resins that are used as fixatives in perfumes.
- Are extracts of gums, balsams, resins or roots (orris), which consists in whole or in part of resi...
Substantivity refers to how long a fragrance lasts on a particular surface, and how it’s affected by temperature, humidity, and other such conditions.
- The top note of a perfume is the fragrance that you initially smell. top notes are usually light, citrus notes.
- The immediate effect of a fragrance upon the sense of smell. this exp...