- American heating and refrigeration institute (responsible for rating heating and cooling equipment)
- Air-conditioning, heating and refrigeration institute.
|annual fuel utilization efficiency (afue)|
A rating that measures the amount of heating your equipment delivers for every dollar spent on fuel; the higher the better a higher rating indicates more effic
|btu (british thermal unit)|
The standard of measurement used for the amount of heat required to raise the temperature of one pound of water by one degree (fahrenheit) btuh
|emergency heat (supplemental or auxiliary heat)|
The backup heat built into a heat pump system
|energy efficiency ratio (eer)|
The ratio of an air conditioning unit
A body of air or liquid from which heat is collected with any heat pumps, the air outside the home is the source for the heating cycle
|heating seasonal performance factor (hspf)|
The total heating output of a heat pump in btus during its normal usage period for heating, as divided by the total electrical energy input in watt-hours durin
humidificación; увлажнение воздуха;
- The process of adding moisture to the air within a space
- The process of adding moisture to a volume of air; for example, to an airconditioning system.
A refrigerant containing a portion of a fan coil unit similar to a car radiator, typically made of several rows of copper tubing with aluminum fins
|integrally controlled motor (icm)|
A variable-speed motor that operates at low rpm when possible for efficiency and quiet operation more than
|latent cooling capacity|
An air conditioning system
- The day-to-day cost of running your home comfort equipment, based on daily energy use
- The cost of running a water heater for a given time period.
|seer (seasonal energy efficiency ratio)|
A rating that denotes the efficiency of air conditioning equipment in terms of the amount of cooling your equipment delivers for every dollar spent on electric
|sensible cooling capacity|
An air conditioning system
A year-round heating and air conditioning system with all components encased in one unit outside the home
Auxiliary or emergency heat, usually electrical resistance heat, provided at temperatures below a heat pump
- The unit of measure used in air conditioning to describe the cooling capacity of a system one ton of cooling is based on the amount of heat needed to melt one
- Various measures of th...
upfl; восходящий поток;
- A type of air conditioning system that discharges air into the conditioned space via a top-mounted discharge plenum or through an overhead duct system
- A term used to describe the di...
- A method of dividing a home into zones that makes it possible to control the amount of comfort provided to each
- A series of ten zones (or tones) from 0 (black) to 9 (white) with 5 b...