|anti scald valve|
Device used to prevent high water temperature.
Combustion takes place when gaseous, liquid or solid fuels react at an elevated temperature with oxygen by burning, thus releasing heat in an open combustion system.
chkv; ckvlv; cv; обратный клапан;
- Allows fluid to flow in only one direction in a pipe; also known as back-flow preventer.
- Возвратный клапан
- Обратный клапан
- One that allows liquid to flow in on...
Gases released when a gaseous, liquid or solid fuel reacts at an elevated level that needs to be vented with gas or oil-fired water heaters.
Demand for more water usage than in a single family dwelling.
Atmospheric venting that utilizes the natural convective rise of hot flue gases through the system to release the products of combustion.
Difference (delta "t") between the starting water temperature and the ending temperature after heating is complete.
|dual element heater|
An electric water heater with an upper and lower element for heating water.
|first hour delivery (rating)|
Combination of the usable stored volume of hot water in tank, plus the recovery capacity for the first hour of operation.
The insulation surrounding the surface of the water heater tank.
The area of space taken up by the water heater.
Flammable vapor ignition resistant.
If two unlike metals are immersed in an electrolyte, an electrical potential will exist between them; if the two are in electrical contact, an electrical current will flow; the metal which becomes...
general aviation manufacturers association;
- Gas appliance manufacturers association. now called ahri (air-conditioning, heating and refrigeration institute).
- General aviation manufacturers association
Device used to regulate gas pressure on a water heater.
The pressure of water as measured at a stated point; it may be measured in feet or in pounds per square inch (psi). pressure drop. headmold, dripstone, head molding, hoodmold,;
Restricts heat loss through water connections to a tank.
- Referring to something submerged in water.
- The prismatic solid carried under water on the lee-side of a ship by its inclination.—centre of immersion, the mean centre of the part imm...
|incoming (inlet) temperature|
Temperature of water entering tank.
|instantaneous water heater|
A type of water heater that heats water as it flows through a heat exchanger coil.
Referring to the hydrojet dip tube. creates turbulence in the tank.
|kw - kilowatt|
A measure of the rate of supply of energy or power, and is equal to 1000 watts or 3412 btu`s per hour.
lf; streamline flow. laminate 1. a product made by bonding together two or more layers of material, e.g., plywood, laminated wood, etc. 2. to unite layers of material with an adhesive.; ламинарное течение;
- Streamline flow in a fluid near a solid boundary.
- A flow situation in which fluid moves in parallel lamina or layers.
- Ламинарный поток
- Streamline flow in a vis...
|life cycle labs|
A place where water heaters are tested at an accelerated rate to simulate life expectancies.
|light duty (ld)|
Small demand commercial applications.
Parallel or reverse flow plumbing of water heaters for large hot water demand applications.
|net usable btu|
That portion of a fuel’s heat energy actually transferred into the water by the heater.
- A unit of electrical resistance.
- The unit of resistance. the electrical resistance between two points of a conductor where
- The unit of resistance. the electrical resistan...
A water heater that uses oil as its fuel source.
Two or more identical size heaters piped with water connections, that is cold water travels equal distance into the inlets of the heaters from a "t" connection and hot water travels equal distance...
|peak hour demand|
Time when the largest demand for hot water is needed.
|peak load period|
That period of the day when the system has the greatest demand.
|point of use water heater|
Small water heater used for remote locations.
Mechanical draft exhaust to outside, usually utilizing room air to support combustion.
Water that has been tempered for inlet supply to the water heater.
|rated storage volume|
Quantity of water (expressed in gallons) stored in a tank.
The amount of water in gallons that can be heated in one hour.
Water heaters for single family dwellings. жилой;
|return circulation system|
Tempered water from or near the point of usage which eliminates waste of hot water used for long runs and adds storage to the system.
Another method of manifolding water heaters together in order to limit the unbalanced pressures in a multiple heater installation.
|safety shut off valve|
A device on a gas appliance which shuts off the gas supply to prevent a hazardous situation. a flame failure safety shut off operates when the actuating flame becomes extinguished. a 100% shut off...
Sealing of combustion chamber to prevent spillage of combustion products.
Generally where the primary heater preheats water to a given desired general purpose temperature and feeds into another heater.
Generally referring to oil-powered product that allows the viewing of burner and flame patterns.
|sliding inner door|
A door slides along combustion chamber radius for easy access to the burner and pilot.
sol; соленоид; соленоидный;
- A coil of wire in the form of a cylinder that carries a current; resembles a bar magnet.
- Соленоид, электромагнит
- Intermittent ignition device that utilizes a spark to light a burner flame.
- Воспламенение [электрическое зажигание] запальной свечой
|stand by loss|
The amount of heat lost while unit is in stand by mode.
A small burner used to ignite the main burner.
|tankless water heater|
Commonly known as instantaneous or point-of-use water heaters.
- (delta "t") the number of degrees fahrenheit (f) the incoming cold water must be raised to reach the desired hot water temperature.
- In cement, the increase in temperature resulting ...
- A measurement of 100,000 btu’s.
- A quantity of heat equivalent to 100,000 btu.
- A unit of heat equal to 100,000 british thermal units or 1.055 x 108 joules
- Терм ...
Ability to transfer and absorb heat from fuel source into the water.
Also known as stacking, or build-up, it is the ability of hot water to form layers of different temperatures in the tank.
An apparatus that consists of a number of thermocouples combined to multiply the effect and is used for generating electric current. термобатарея;
tf; турбулентное движение; турбулентное течение;
- A fluid flow in which the velocity at a given point varies erratically in magnitude and direction.
- A flow situation in which the fluid particles move in a random manner.
The percentage of hot water that can be drawn from a tank before the temperature drops to a point that is no longer considered hot.
|vacuum relief valve (anti-siphon)|
Recommended for installation on all side (bottom) cold inlet heaters; prevents internal vacuum conditions that could drain a system by back siphonage, eliminates burned out electric elements and c...
Materials used for evacuating vent gases from a dwelling.
вольт; v; вольт (единица измерения электрического напряжения);
- Unit of measurement of electromotive force. ac or dc
- Вольт в
- In electric systems the unit of potential difference or electromotive force; wh...
водяной пробойник для прочистки труб; гидравлический удар в трубах; удар гидравлический;
- A concussion or sound of concussion of moving water against the side of a containing pipe or vessel.
- Sharp pulsations in a water-piping system caused by the intermittent escape of e...
A channel through which water can flow; connects water heater to inlet & outlet lines.
Amount of watts concentrated per square inch of element rod surface area.
- Maximum pressure of the operating system permissible.
- Рабочее давление