An industry standard for copper tubing defined by the tube wall thickness and identified by a “blue” strip. type “l” copper tube wall is approximately 50 percent greater thickness than type “m”.
|auger (or closet auger)|
A bendable rod with curved end used by plumbers to remove clogs from a toilet’s trap.
A breakage of the metal caused by the bending and flexing or the expansion and contraction of a metal part beyond its endurance limit.
A check valve controlling inlet water flow to a boiler.
|low consumption toilet|
A class of toilet designed to flush using 1.6 gallons of water or less. also known as “water-saving” toilets.
A colorless, flammable gas made by combining liquefied petroleum gas with methylacetylene-propadiene. it is a stable, non-toxic fuel used in brazing and soldering.
A connector for no-hub iron pipe consisting of a rubber sleeve and a stainless steel band secured by hose clamps. a variation, a neoprene sleeve with two adjustable steel bands, is used for connec...
A curved waste pipe fitting under a toilet that connects the closet flange to the drain.
incep; intcpr; интерцептор;
- A device for separating grease and oil from drainage systems.
- A device to trap, remove, or separate deleterious, hazardous,...
|water hammer arrestor|
A device installed near a fixture to absorb the hydraulic shock that happens when a fixture’s supply is suddenly shut off, causing water hammer, a loud banging noise in the pipes.
- A device that prevents wastewater and other contaminants from flowing into the potable water supply. generally required for sprinkler systems, hand-held showers installed in bathtubs, faucets ...
|back flow preventer|
A device to prevent back flow, especially into a potable water supply. required for sprinkler systems, handheld showers, pullout faucet spouts, and kitchen sprayers.
A dough-like putty that seals joints between fixture surfaces and metal pieces, such as the drain.
A drain fitting that allows one pipe to be joined to another at a 45-degree angle. y-fitting.;
A drain-cleaning device consisting of a rubber bladder with a hose fitting on one end and a nozzle on the other. the device attaches to a water hose and is inserted into a clogged drainpipe. as wa...
- A faucet valve that redirects water from the tub faucet to the shower head.
- Отклоняющий щиток; отводящее устройство
- A valve (sometimes motorized) at a junction of a pipe ...
A fitting that allows another pipe to be joined at a 90-degree angle.
A floating device connected to the ballcock inside the toilet tank to activate or shut off the ballcock.
A kind of tubing or pipe connection where a nut and a sleeve or ferrule is placed over a copper or plastic tube and is compressed tightly around the tube as the nut is tightened forming a positive... фитинг, уплотняемый вручную;
- A leeching or seeping field engineered to receive septic tank effluent.
- Поле фильтрации (используется для очистки сточных вод, главным образом в сельских районах)
soldar, soldadura; зельдера; припой;
- A metal alloy that is melted to create a fused joint between metal pieces. also the act of melting solder into the joint.
- A metallic bonding method using metal filler melting two pi...
A metric unit for pressure. 100 kpa = one atmosphere.
A pipe system that drains wastewater from the bathroom and vents the drain system.
- A pipe that both drains wastewater and vents air into the drains. connects two or more fixtures.
- A pipe, usually oversized, which functions both as a fixture branch and as a vent, e...
A plug in a trap or drain pipe that provides access for the purpose of clearing an obstruction.
|air admittance valve|
A plumbing device that replaces a traditional vent to allow air to enter the pipe and equalize pressure, preserving the seal of water in the fixture trap.
- A plumbing fixture similar in appearance to a toilet bowl used for personal hygiene. it is floor mounted, usually next to a toilet, and consists of a washing basin, faucet and sprayer.
A ring that anchors the toilet to the floor and connects it to the closet bend. also known as a floor flange.
imp; импеллер; лопастное колесо; крыльчатка,; крыльчатка; вертушка, турбина, импеллер; поршень, вращающийся;
- A rotating wheel with vanes found inside a centrifugal pump. as it spins at high speed it draws fluids in and thrusts them under pressure to the discharge outlet.
- Крыльчатка, рабоче...
A rubber fitting that uses steel band clamps to attach to the pipe ends. mostly used to join sections of dwv pipe, but also connects pvc to clay or cast iron pipe.
plumber’s friend.; пуансона; скалка;
- A rubber suction cup approx 6? in diameter attached to a wooden dowel handle used to free drain clogs. also known as a “plumber’s helper”.
- The part of a hypodermic syringe which sli...
A seal located between floor flange and toilet to prevent leakage and fumes.
|pressure balance valve|
A shower valve that monitors fluctuations in pressure to maintain balance between hot and cold water so that temperature remains constant.
- A spherical assembly in shower heads that allows the head to pivot and rotate.
- Шаровое шарнирное соединение (водоотделяющей колонны
- A joint in which one part has a ballsh...
- A tank used to detain domestic wastes to allow the settling of solids prior to distribution. septic tanks are used when a sewer line is not available to carry them to a treatment plant.
септиктенк; foso séptico; септик;
A thin, flexible length of spiral-wound metal, which is inserted into a drain and rotated to clear anything that is clogged in the pipes.
|gravity operated toilet|
A toilet which relies on the natural downward pressure of water in a toilet tank to flush the toilet effectively.
A torch used by plumbers to solder pipes, activated by pressurized fuel and air to generate its flame.
- A tube inside the water heater that sends cold water to the bottom of the tank.
- A tube made of high-temperature plastic inserted into the tank through the cold water inlet on top of...
A valve designed to prevent extreme water temperature changes through pressure balance technology. when there is a drop in hot or cold water pressure, the scald-guard valve shifts back and forth b...
A valve in the tank of a gravity-operated toilet that controls refilling of the tank. it is connected to a float via a metal arm. after flushing, the toilet refills until the float rises high enou...
|ball check valve|
A valve that uses a ball to seal against a seat to stop flow in one direction.
A water heater valve that controls water flow and balances heat distribution to different locations.
An industry standard for copper tubing defined by the tube wall thickness. identified by a “red” stripe.
An outdoor faucet, also used to supply washing machines.
fix; conclusion of shipbrokers negotiations to charter a ship - an agreement; проведение переговоров брокером для сдачи судна по чартеру - подписание договора; зажимное приспособ; зажим; хомут;; фиксация; закрепление;
- Anything that accepts or discharges water or wastewater
- Стапель, стенд; приспособление
- Conclusion of shipbrokers negotiations to charter a ship - an agreement
|flow control valve|
заслонка регулирующая; поплавковый клапан;
- Device designed to reduce water flow to a plumbing fixture. often used to improve efficiency and reduce operating costs.
- Device designed to reduce water flow (gpm) to a plumbing fix...
- Natural water containing impurities in various proportions. traditional hardness is a measure of calcium, minerals or dissolved solids in a solution, measured in parts per million. hard water ...
Not containing iron.
On a bath drain, the decorative hood concealing the overflow.
- Partial venting or draining, under pressure, of the water side of a boiler to reduce or remove unwanted contaminants. also the pressure drops after releasing a pressure-relief valve.
bd; продувка; частичный сброс оборотной воды; продувание;
Pipes that carry effluent from the septic system out to the leach field, a porous soil area where treated waste is emptied.
- Plumbing fixture drain that leads to the main drain line.
- A drain pipe connecting the soil line or plumbing fixtures in a building to the main line.
Pressure in a plumbing system. the unit of measure which is the vertical force exerted by water at a depth of one foot. напор; static head. pressure-locked grating a grating in which the cross bars are locked mechanically to the bearing bars at their intersections by deforming or by swaging the metal.;
Remote control drain assembly. also known as a “trip lever drain” for tubs.
|adjustable hot limit stop|
Restricts hot water output in single control faucets and showers to protect against scalding by limiting the swing to the hot side.
сточные воды; вытекающий поток;
- Septic system liquid waste.
- The fluid leaving a component.
- In sanitary engineering, a liquid which is discharged as waste, esp. the discharge from a septic tank. egg-and-...
Stands for chlorinated polyvinyl chloride. a black plastic pipe that can handle high temperatures. mostly used in water supply systems.
Stands for cross-linked polyethylene. a flexible plastic supply line that is stronger than pe. in bathrooms, it is used for water supply lines.
- Stands for gallons per flush. the rate of water flow by which toilets and flush valves are measured and regulated. current law requires maximum of 1.6 gpf. older styles were usually 3.5 gpf. gasproof; geospatial prototype facility; general protection faults;
Temperature and pressure valve. a valve that opens to release excess pressure and temperature in a system.
- The immovable portion of a valve. water flow is stopped when the movable portion of the valve comes in contact with the valve seat.
- The stationary portion of a valve which, when in ...
- The internal pressure that will cause a piece of tubing to fail.
- Of a valve, the maximum pressure which can be slowly applied to the valve (e.g., at room temperature, for 30 seconds...
The pop-up lever on a tub faucet that activates the diverter valve.
The section of pipe that runs between a fixture outlet and the trap.
The suction or pulling effect that takes place in the trapway of a toilet as it is filled with outgoing water and waste. отсифонивание;
The vertical tube inside a toilet tank that directs water into the bowl in case the ballcock malfunctions and prevents potential water damage caused by a tank overflow. a constant running conditio...
- The water in a trap or toilet that prevents sewer gases from escaping back through the drain.
- In plumbing, the vertical distance between the crown weir and the top of the dip of the...
- Valves installed under sinks and toilets used to shut off water supply in the event of a malfunction or repair. also called an angle stop, straight stop or supply stop.
- A device by ...
бытовые сточные воды;
- Waste water from a toilet.
- Бытовые сточные воды, включая туалетный смыв см. также gray water
бытовые сточные воды за исключ; сточные воды после душа, мытья (т.е. не фекальные);
- Waste water from fixtures other than toilets.
- Waste water which may be a combination of liquid and water-carried wastes, with the exception of human wastes.
- Сточные воды ...
Water that is suitable for consumption. пригодный для пнтья;
- When water traveling from one system backs into any part of the main distribution system, usually by siphoning.
- When water travels from one system upstream or back into any part of ...
White tape made of fluorocarbon polymer. it has non-stick properties and is wrapped around pipe threads in a joint to create a tight seal.